What make Bourbon, Bourbon?
It's the Rules
All Bourbon is Whiskey, but not all Whiskies are Bourbon.
In 1894 the U.S. Government established standards for Bourbon.
1. Must be made in the United States. No other country is allowed to label
their whiskey ‘bourbon.’
2. Must be aged in charred, new oak barrels
3. The whiskey cannot enter the barrel at more than 125 proof or less than
4. Must consist at least 51% corn.
5. Nothing can be added to the bourbon, except water
to lessen the proof.
Watch for more about Bourbon.